Thursday, December 20, 2012

Top 12 for 2012



So the year is coming to an end and I will countdown my top 12 reached items for 2012.  Looking back I have tried and tested many products but there are just those products that have made my makeup collection much more special this year.  

1. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer
I discussed this product in a blog post a while back but I just have to mention it again because although pricey this product is amazing and just gives you that coverage when you don’t feel like having much makeup on.  If you want a more inexpensive one to try I would recommend: Garnier’s BB Cream

2. Naked Palette by Urban Decay
Although I have not written about this palette I would say it is by far the most amazing, natural palette that should be in any makeup lovers collection.  It offers an array of colors and Urban Decay eyeshadows never fail in the pigmentation department.  The eyeshadows are also easy to apply and smooth.  They do have the Naked Palette 2 however I have not purchased it yet. 

3. Clinique Chubby Sticks
This product was a recommendation from a friend of mine because I just adored the lip color she was wearing.  Clinique chubby sticks are a moisturizing lip balm that comes in a twistable stick form.  They come in 16 shades and have great color pigmentation to them.  They look natural on the lips and moisturize them at the same time.  This product is definitely something to try especially when you feel in a not so lipstick kind of mood.  

4.  Highlighters
Highlighters are such a great invention, they highlight areas of your face where the light would touch and just give you an overall luminous look.  I have not been specific to any brand names because I have tried many and liked the overall look that it gave me.  Some to mention are: Benefit “Watts Up”, NARS Orgasm Illuminator, Benefit High Beam, Smashbox Photo Op Under eye Brightener and MAC Cream Color Base in Shell. 

5.  La Fresh Wipes
These wipes have been a lifesaver and I am so happy that I decided to by them when I did.  As mentioned in a previous post they come in a variety of uses and I would recommend them to anyone.  The ones to look out for are: Nail Polish remover wipes, Makeup/Eye/Lip Remover Wipes, Anti-Bacterial Wipes, Deodorant Wipes, who am I kidding try them all!

6. Aveeno Cleanser
Due to my overly sensitive skin Aveeno has been gentle and easy to use.  This cleanser is amazing and has a slight refreshing smell to it.  The cleanser lathers well and removes all dirt and residue that is on my face.  I would definitely repurchase this cleanser.  On a side note, I do often use the cleanser with my Clarisonic Mia. 

7.  Maybelline Mascaras
I have tried many of Maybelline’s Masacaras and I believe that you don’t need to spend a lot of money on top brand mascaras because the drugstore brands have amazing quality.  I am not sure why but I always reach for Maybelline Mascaras and they never disappoint.  The Maybelline brand in general has amazing products to offer.  Some Maybelline Mascaras that I have tried are: Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara, Maybelline Falsies Masacara, Maybelline Great Lash Mascara, and Maybelline Colossal Mascara. 

8.  Neutrogena Sunscreen
Sunscreen is an essential in my beauty routine and I have tried many sunscreens in the past however I really like the way this sunscreen doubles as a moisturizer as well.  Since moving to this humid place of Tanzania I find myself grabbing for sunscreen every time I leave the house.  Sunscreen has many benefits regardless of the weather and sun safety is not something to mess around with.  When the summer months do roll around try out Sephora’s Sun Safety Kit which lets you sample various sun care products of different brands. 

9.  Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick
This is probably one of the best products I absolutely LOVE from the Bobbi Brown collection.  This shimmer brick can be used to illuminate different parts of the face, it can be used as a bronzer/blush, and it can be used as eyeshadow as well.  The Shimmer Brick comes in a gradient of color families (browns, pinks, oranges) and the product lasts wherever it is applied.  This product is on the pricier side however because of its multi-uses it is worth trying out.  

10.  Rimmel Blushes
Surprised? Regardless of brand I really was impressed when I bought my first ever Rimmel Blush.  To be honest I only bought it because it was on sale for $2 and thought it was such a steal, but regardless the retail value is around $4.99 so it is inexpensive especially compared to the high end brands.  Cheap but quality which is what I am always searching for.  The blush overall comes in a variety of shades, pigmentation is good and it applies really well on the cheeks. 

11.  Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Many people believe that eyeshadow primer or majority of the primers they invent these days is unnecessary however eyeshadow primer potion helps to refine and polish your eyeshadow look.  If you want no creases and your eyeshadow to last Urban Decay’s Eyeshadow Primer Potion is the product to buy.  I use the original version however they have several other colors of the primer available. 

12.  Sephora by OPI Nail Polishes
Now I love applying different color nail polishes whenever I get a chance, especially on my toes.  I recently read somewhere that having a polished look (manis/pedis) is fundamental to any look and it is something that should not be overlooked.  Even filing and keeping your nails trim should not only be part of your healthy beauty routine but it also helps your overall look.  Sephora by OPI nail polishes are amazing and come in a variety of shades.  At first I was reluctant to buy these nail polishes however they have truly impressed me.  I recently splurged on Sephora by OPI “Tinsel Town Collectors Set” which includes a variety of miniature nail polishes, so excited to try it out!

13. (I know I said 12 but I couldn’t help it) Revlon Lip Butters.
Another product, which I just had to include, is a drugstore lip favorite of mine, Revlon Lip butters.  I have these lip butters in possibly 9 of their shades and they are absolutely amazing.  These lip products nourish your lips like a lip balm but also give you pigmentation just like a lipstick.  I do not enjoy wearing lipstick all the time and this is such a great alternative and it really leaves your lips smooth and soft. 

Misc.
I had to add some miscellaneous items that have impressed and made 2012 memorable!

My wedding! I got married at the end August to the most amazing man ever and I am ever grateful for him.

My ipad is probably the most used in 2012 as well.  I decided to download books and read them and help my student who has learning disabilities with awesome apps that that Ipad has to offer.  I am tempted to buy the ipad mini, maybe in 2013!

I have also been loving word searches! I bought these very chic looking word search books and anytime I feel like a have a few minutes to spare I pull out my word search book.  This is definitely one of my stress relievers. 
          

No comments:

Post a Comment