Sunday, January 2, 2011

Foundation Series: #2 MAC Studio Fix Fluid

Hello Make-up Junkies, so here is review #2 on my foundation series.


The second foundation I will be reviewing is MAC's Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 in color NC35.  This foundation retails for $31.00.  MAC is one of the cheaper "high-end" brands compared to others such as clinique, YSL, etc.  This foundation was my very first liquid foundation that I purchased.  






Alright, onto the review.  The foundation comes in an array of colours depending on skin tone and undertone of your skin, which is a plus because you would be able to match your skin well.  It comes in a 30ml glass bottle.  The thing about this foundation is that if you don't buy a foundation pump to replace the lid, applying the foundation could be hard and messy as you would have to pour it in the lid or possibly on your hand.  I would recommend buying a foundation pump which is available also by MAC.  


The foundation is very thick, creamy and easy to apply.  It has a faint smell so you would have to get use to the smell of the foundation.  The coverage of this is amazing! If you like full coverage makeup or you have blemishes you want to conceal and cannot find something which would cover them all, this is your foundation.  You can apply a thin layer and then apply as needed until you have the desired coverage so its very build able.  I did however find this foundation too heavy, I mean I like to cover up any blemishes of redness, etc. however it just got too much for me.  I would however sometimes wear it on special occasions but for everyday wear this is just not something I would put on.  It does feel like you are wearing makeup when you are wearing this which I do not like.  


Anyways, what I like about it is that it has an SPF and that MAC foundations have the same color scheme so if you wanted a concealer the same color as your foundation it is possible to find the match.  


To apply to the foundation I would use the MAC Foundation Brush in #190, however there are plenty of other foundation brushes which would do the job.  I'll discuss brushes in another blog post :) Also, note I did find that you needed to put on a good primer on before applying the foundation.  Also, I would recommend always no matter what foundation you are wearing to carry a pressed powder for touch-ups during the day especially if you are wearing it on a regular basis.  Obviously everyone has there preferences, so just a suggestion.  

I would recommend this foundation for anyone looking for full coverage however I do think there are better ones out there.  I have heard instances where people break out because of MAC products, I have not had a problem with this foundation however I have had it with one of MACs concealers.  



Have a good day :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment