Saturday, January 1, 2011

Foundation Series: #1 Revlon ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

Hello my lovely makeup junkies! 


So I've decided to do a foundation series about all the foundations I've used, powder, cream, liquid, etc.  
My skin is combination, and during the winter it does get fairly dry.  I have olive skin with yellow undertones. I prefer not to use liquid foundations however I do have some liquid foundations which I like, but only for special occasions. 


The first foundation I will be reviewing is the new Revlon ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup in Medium.  I have not tried Revlon's other foundations so this would be the first one.  This is a loose powder which comes in a small cylinder like shape, and it is SPF 13 which is not much however it's better then nothing.  I do however think applying sunscreen whether summer or winter is highly recommended to prevent scarring and skin cancer. PROTECT YOUR SKIN!


The foundation is described as the following: Instant hydration with coconut water, Luminous look that lasts all day, Shine-free formula made with water, not oil, SPF 13


I did use a primer before applying this foundation like I use while applying any foundation or powder, today I happened to use Stila's One step Correct Primer.  I liked how this foundation was number one a mineral loose powder foundation and also a brush was included.  The brush is small and compact however it's great for travel purposes and to put in your purse.  The brush is also very soft!


I didn't know what to expect with this foundation in terms of coverage and application but I was actually quite impressed.  The foundation has a very cooling effect when you put it on your face and it is also very easy to blend.  When you put it on your face its like if you are actually applying something watery to your face which is quite cool.  I did not need a tremendous amount of coverage however it did cover up my slight acne scarring and redness.  I actually feel the hydration in the foundation which I have not felt in any other powder foundation that I have tried.  Also when applied it does not feel or look cakey or even too powdery on the face.   I do also recommended using a concealer if need be for under the eyes as this foundation would only be good as coverage for the face not for any dark circle coverage.  Also, if you want more coverage you could use a concealer for your blemishes this however is all depending on personal preference.  


I would recommend this foundation however the colour selection does not have as much variety as some of Revlon's other foundations. The only down side I would say about this foundation is you need to shake it to get the product out of the sifter so it could get messy, but other then that once you close it nothing would leak out. If you do need a tremendous amount of coverage I would not recommend this foundation because although it covers up your blemishes it might not be sufficient for some who like the full face coverage.  This is actually a great foundation and worth a try if you are looking for a drugstore mineral makeup =) 


This foundation retails for $17.99, I got mine at Shoppers Drug Mart.  This would seem pricey too many, which too me it was however it is worth it considering you do get a good amount of product and it will last you long plus a brush is included.  Revlon is considered one of the "higher" end brands in drugstores.


Hope this helped!



No comments:

Post a Comment